Transporting your cash
What is cash-in-transit?
Cash-in-transit (CIT) is the secure, physical transportation of money, including banknotes and coins, from one place to another.
Our cash collection service uses trained personnel and a fleet of armoured money transport trucks to pick up cash at your chosen location. From the moment your cash is collected and transported it's our responsibility, so you have peace of mind.
As the largest cash collection company in the UK & Ireland, we offer convenient cash pickup times to small and large businesses all around the country.
Our cash collection service is also tailored to meet the needs of your business, meaning we'll work with you to create an individual cash collection plan.
The benefits of Cash Collection
Depositing large amounts of cash into a bank can be daunting and dangerous. That’s why outsourcing to a cash-in-transit company can have so many advantages for you and your business. A secure cash pickup service can help you to:
- Save time and free up staff by eliminating taking cash to the bank
- Increase security and keep your employees safe by avoiding theft
- Receive payments quicker through our fast cash collection process
- Save money through inexpensive costs, lower bank charges and lower insurance premiums
- Enjoy the convenience, flexibility and efficiency of our door-to-door money transport
Who can use G4S Cash Collection?
From small shops to large retailers, our cash-in-transit services are available to all kinds of businesses across the country.
If you're unsure whether you qualify, contact us and we'll see what we can do.
How does cash collection work?
Setting up our money collection service couldn't be easier:
Many of our customers combine cash transportation with our cash deliveries and cash processing services. That means we can deliver money in the denominations you need at the same time as collecting a deposit. And once we have made a collection, we can then take it to one of our cash centres to be counted and added to your bank account.
If you also need cash bags to organise your denominations before we pick them up, we can help you with this, too. Simply email email@example.com and request this.
To start the cash collection service, you can register here.
Your cash collection options
Our cash collection options are dependent on the amount of cash you want collected and how often you'd like to use the service.
Once we have this information, you will either become a Cash45 customer, a Cash75 customer or a Cash200 customer. Here's the difference:
- Cash45 customers can arrange a single collection of up to £4,500. This can include 2 x bags of coin (up to £1,000 total) and 1 x note bag.
- Cash75 customers can arrange a single collection of up to £7,500. This can include 2 x bags of coin (up to £1,000 total) and 1 x note bag.
- Cash200 customers can arrange a collection of up to £20,000 per container, plus 2 x bags of coin (up to £1,000 total) and with multiple containers collected.
You can set up regular collections for a certain amount as a scheduled service. And if you need another collection, simply let us know and we can schedule an ad-hoc collection.
If you'd like to arrange a cash collection, or want to find out more about this service, contact us by contact form, email or phone.
If your business is ready to start taking card payments, discover our card payment solutions.
“With our operational sites located on motorways we are not a typical customer and so it is essential for us to have a partner that can meet our geographical needs as well as our service requirements. G4S provide us with the service we need, where we need it and when we need it at consistently high levels. I am happy to recommend their services.”